Are You Really Thankful?
· Thankful for your health
– there is always someone who has it worse. – Thank the Lord for this
· Thankful for your spouse
– if you have one make sure that they know you appreciate them.
· Thankful for your extended family
– everyone has some dysfunction in their family – most of the time it’s comfortable like a nice sweater – worn but familiar – thank them when you see them next
· Thankful for your children
– if you have them – let them know what an honor it is to be their parent.
· Thankful for the food you eat
– have you missed a meal – could you miss one and not notice it. – thank the Lord for your food
· Thankful for your car
– it may not be the newest but it is your car – thank the Lord for your car
· Thankful for your home
– it may not be on the beach but it is a place to lay your head – thank the Lord for your home
· Thankful for your job
– if you have one you are blessed – be grateful for what it provides for you – Thank your boss today
· Thankful for your co-workers
– they may drive you nuts but at least you know what kind of nuts you can expect – let them know you are thankful for them
· Thankful for Jesus
– without Him – none of the rest of these things even matters. Thank Jesus for what He has done for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 (NLT) 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
About the Author, Jim Brangenberg
Jim's Mission: To transform Christian-run businesses through mentoring Christian Business Owners (CBOs) by incorporating the servant leadership of Jesus Christ in their businesses, their home life and their walk with Christ.